If you are thinking about improving the aesthetics of your teeth and you need to know what treatments exist, here We will explain everything you need to know about porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are one of the best solutions to treat cosmetic dental problems. They are a treatment that consists of covering the buccal surface of the natural tooth with porcelain sheets.
What do porcelain veneers solve?
- One of the main advantages of porcelain veneers is that they allow us to improve the aesthetics of our teeth and improve the functionality of the smile.
- They allow to reconstruct the teeth giving them the shape that the patient wishes, we can reconstruct fractured or crooked teeth.
- They allow to achieve the desired color, being able to obtain whiter teeth
- Align small mispositions
- Get less amount of gingiva to be seen
- Remove black spaces from the gums
- They allow to close diastemas (spaces between the teeth)
- They provide a lot of naturalness since they present a stable color,
Porcelain veneers have many characteristics that benefit us for example:
- They offer us great resistance to wear
- They are biocompatible with the rest of the periodontal tissue, that is to say, they present a great periodontal tolerance which exposes them to risks and rejections with the rest of the oral environment.
- Porcelain veneers are very durable in terms of deterioration, better resistant to abrasion and color change,
- These types of veneers usually last in the mouth for 15 to 20 years.
- It is a treatment that is quick and easy to apply.
- The material used to make them is porcelain, which is a very resistant, very durable and safe material.
- Maintains the color achieved for longer, especially in cases of teeth whitening.
- The procedure is completely painless.
- It offers us extraordinary aesthetic results.
To make this type of veneers, it is necessary to prepare the tooth where the porcelain veneer is to be placed. The veneers will be done in two sessions in the office.
- In a first visit, a dental grinding process is carried out, in which the surface of the natural teeth is gradually reduced. This dental carving is necessary to be able to place the veneers, reducing the tooth enamel between 0.5 and 0.7 mm, we compensate the thickness of the dental veneers and thus we can place them, making the teeth have the ideal size.
- Once the dental carving has been carried out, the measurements of the teeth will be made and photographs will be taken, in addition, the shade will be taken (to achieve the color of the teeth that we want).
- These molds of the teeth, photographs and the different records taken of the patient’s teeth will be sent to the laboratory together with the information of the expected results. (The patient and the dentist will have previously discussed the shape and desired color of porcelain veneers).
- In a second session, the porcelain veneers will be placed on the tooth, using an adhesion technique.
To keep veneers intact for a long time, they must be treated in the same way as natural teeth, you have to have good hygiene habits, brushing three times a day, use dental floss and mouthwash.
Once the dental veneers have been placed, it is necessary that you go to the check-ups to be able to see the evolution and monitor the treatment.
We hope you liked this article. Smile Care in Plymouth Has been helping people in Plymouth overcome being nervous about coming to the dentist. By understanding your needs we will be able to help you overcome your fears. Smile Care do not only specialise in Teeth Whitening and General Dentistry, we also offer Facial Fillers, Anti-Wrinkle Injections and more. Contact Our Plymouth Clinic today for my information.